Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Who is my audience and Thank you for your interest.

It intrigues me having readers from places where I have little to no social contact.

Understandably, many of my dear readers are Americans from the US, since I live here. Among European readers, I have a few family members in Germany perhaps those links serve as the stake on the ground from which that countries readership stems.

Readers from other central European nations the Netherlands and France, amuse me, since I have fond memories of my visits to large destination cities from travels early in my adult life.

The Iranians, Russians, Nigerians and the very minute number of readers from Ukraine is perplexing. If I review the various better read post and attempt to associate them with any of these nations, I am clueless as to what may be the attraction.

Is it my American travelogues (specially New York City and New Orleans); witty descriptions of life in the gay mecca as a single man (the hair issue, the unattached among us); or is it my re-distribution of notable articles, essays on topics of interest to me?

On the opposite side, I do not have readers from South America, or India and the Middle East. I will have to think on that and see if I can draw an even broader audience.

In any case, I appreciate being read on the occasions that folks do, especially the more creative output of prose.

I am looking forward to blogging about the upcoming International AIDS Conference, to which I will be a delegate and hope that a submitted abstract will be accepted as a presentation. Similarly, meeting and writing more about Germans and about Germany, since I will be there this summer, with a trip to Berlin on the drawing board.

Happy reading.

The current audience tracker (with over 2,100 page views)...

United States 1,102
Netherlands 223
France 144
Germany 135
Iran 92
Russia 91
China 35
Malaysia 26
Nigeria 26
Ukraine 2

No comments: