Thursday, December 17, 2009

Living LOFT (a series)

Its down to the wire... After having the keys for almost two weeks and making plans to occupy week of Jan 20, the pressure to perform is on. Hired a handy man (referral and contact info forthcoming after my project is done), to assist in building out partitions, painting, and building closet and other storage spaces.

Decided on the color scheme. Inspired by the SE Asian batik gifted many years ago from a friend who associated me to the piece when she saw it, and Buddhist influences. The base color is candle light ivory, paired with Mimosa, and suede as the 3rd color. The intention is to give the illusion of being in a warm glowing space with touches of wood (tones) and fully utilizing the teak danish furniture accumulated over time.

Late last night, after painting a wall and priming the bathroom ceiling, attributing it to the fumes, I commented to my self this is to much work for a rental. I placed sweat equity in my last condo, somehow this is an anomaly. I do, however, see this is the home, I'd wanted to have, and possession, equity, nor tax benefit were operating when assessing the effort and money I've sunk into living in a converted warehouse space.

My initial take, the colors accomplished what I had in mind. The mimosa was the closest to the Saffron I visualized, suede similarly will appear to have the warmth of wood beams as well as other monastic wear.

Already anticipate shedding many possessions, since there will not be sufficient storage after those planned are completed. Is this conscious, on my part, to live minimally and with quality in mind.

Quality by way of speaking to richness of life history and influences, as well as identifying the sources of inspiration from materials held for periods of time.

No comments: